Some Nibbles, But No Bites On Schwab's Franchised Advisory Program
- Created: Sunday, 17 July 2011 20:37
Part of the problem might be that while Schwab is offering established advisors the weight of its national brand -- and matching funds for local advertising and outreach -- the recruiting message is a bit confused.
Schwab nominally wants to court "experienced financial professionals" who already have their own books of business.
Great so far, but the company's new recruiting site keeps referring to the franchised branches as an advisor's "new" business stocked with existing Schwab clients to tide advisors over in what the company explicitly calls "the early years."
Which is it?
Even Chuck Schwab's exclusive video commercial on the site seems a little tone-deaf.
There's plenty of talk about how great this could be for Schwab and how eager Schwab clients are to get more face-to-face time, but not much left for the advisors he's theoretically wooing to the brand.
As they say, "We're building on our history of innovation by creating a franchise opportunity, accelerating our expansion into communities like yours."
A lot about Schwab and how fast it's expanding. But if anything, this is more of a threat: we're coming to our town, so join up.
This Website Is For Financial Professionals Only
- Bravo! A4A Previews The Advisor Portal TD Ameritrade Institutional Will Launch In 4Q2015
- What Do Charles Schwab, Personal Finance, And Rap Music All Have In Common?
- Charles Schwab to Host Live Online Educational Event for Active Traders
- TD Ameritrade Institutional Hires Jim Dario Away From Pershing Advisor Solutions, Where He Led RIA Business Development And Advisor Recruiting