Schwab Advisor Chief Dismisses Fears That Franchised Branch Offices Compete With RIA Affiliates
- Created: Sunday, 26 June 2011 23:17
Bernie Clark of Schwab Advisor Services says that whether RIA affiliates like it or not, management remains deeply invested in the franchised "independent branch services" program as the key to expanding the company's branch network.
The tone here is a little stronger than what we got a few weeks ago, when Schwab was insisting that the new branches were only targeting "underserved" markets and so would not step on existing RIA affiliates' toes.
Now Clark explains that because the program primarily targets mass affluent -- or as he puts it, "pure retail" -- accounts, most RIAs are already priced out of this market anyway and so active competition will be minimal.
I know a lot of advisors have been aggressively courting smaller accounts in the hope of boosting their AUM and eventually growing alongside less wealthy clients. Whether you're one of them or not, if you're concerned by what Schwab's doing, let us know.
This Website Is For Financial Professionals Only
- Bravo! A4A Previews The Advisor Portal TD Ameritrade Institutional Will Launch In 4Q2015
- What Do Charles Schwab, Personal Finance, And Rap Music All Have In Common?
- Charles Schwab to Host Live Online Educational Event for Active Traders
- TD Ameritrade Institutional Hires Jim Dario Away From Pershing Advisor Solutions, Where He Led RIA Business Development And Advisor Recruiting