Talking To Clients About Terrorism
- Created: Saturday, 21 November 2015 13:59
Amid the despair over the recent attacks in Paris and Mali, investors need guidance more than ever. If you are their trusted financial advisor, or aspire to be, then you should be telling your clients and other contacts what terrorism means to their money. That’s a tall order. What do you do?
Silence Is Not Golden. You could send contacts links to articles in the press. That's easy and free, but it sends your contacts to a website other than yours. Plus, the article or video you link to may not reflect exactly what you would like to say. You could produce an article yourself, but it will take hours to write. And, based on your track record, it may never get done. So, you will probably do nothing but make a few phone calls. To the vast majority of your clients and contacts, however, you'll be silent.
Not For All Advisors. Our content is suited to advisors who build diversified core portfolios based on Modern Portfolio Theory and objective economic fundamentals. We have these values in common. So our content can help you explain recent performance from the standpoint of a long-term investor. It constantly reinforces the most important lessons for success as a long-term investor. Plus, the content we provide can be customized to target your local contacts, based on your personal interests and strengths. It's inbound marketing using modern tools developed around a fiduciary's needs.
- a content stream updated weekly on Fridays with an article about investing for the long run. Here’s an email update sent to advisor clients Friday night.
- Advisor Video Library gives you 12 new videos throughout the quarter, and increases coverage if metired by world events or financial turmoil. These are not just canned videos like other vendors provide. You can narrate these videos!
- a highly personal way of communicating. If you don't agree with a video script, you can substitute your own words. You can substitute your own words in place of the script, if you disagree with anything we say. Just substitute our words with about the same amount in your own words, and the video will automatically adjust. No other communication vehicle for advisors offers such personalization while allowing you to rely on authoritative facts to support your views.
- videos automatically uploaded to your website, YouTube channel, and your email newsletter. AVL-driven campaigns draws your contacts to your website. That's your hub spot. It contains calls to action geared to your lcoal target clients.
- a library of financial planning articles is posted to your website, updated with 10 new planning articles month. They are tweeted out and can be used in custom email newsletters.
- a slideshow content rotator across the home page of your site displaying images and headlines. You can add your own headlines and images to the slideshow, and combine it with headlines and images from the news stream we produce. Your home page slideshow is updated with new content from us at least monthly.
- If you write a blog, it can be sent using email newsletters and your latest blog entry’s headline will automatically feed your home page slideshow.