CFP Board Working On Firmer Planner Bankruptcy Rules
- Created: Wednesday, 30 November 2011 08:39
The CFP Board is currently formalizing the way it treats planner bankruptcy and new guidance should be out soon.
Normally bankruptcy is enough to trigger a disciplinary review.
Not all busted planners are stripped of their professional mark, but the number of bankruptcy hearing the CFP Board has conducted shot up from 20 to 49 over the last year.
Two bankruptcies in one lifetime will apparently still disqualify anyone from using the CFP mark to advertise his or her business.
This Website Is For Financial Professionals Only
- Bravo! A4A Previews The Advisor Portal TD Ameritrade Institutional Will Launch In 4Q2015
- What Do Charles Schwab, Personal Finance, And Rap Music All Have In Common?
- Charles Schwab to Host Live Online Educational Event for Active Traders
- TD Ameritrade Institutional Hires Jim Dario Away From Pershing Advisor Solutions, Where He Led RIA Business Development And Advisor Recruiting