Raymond James Letting Morgan Keegan Reps Join As Either Employees Or Independent Reps
- Created: Friday, 03 February 2012 09:08
The roughly 1,000 Morgan advisors that Raymond James just bought will be brought in as employees of Raymond James & Associates, but will get the option to migrate to the independent channel if they like.
This is really smart as a retention tactic. If the reps were thinking about leaving, this gives them one less incentive to do so -- they can "break away" and Raymond James keeps the assets and the production they paid for.
It might cost a little more to smooth the transitions at the same time as the company absorbs the reps that decide to remain paid employees, but management seems willing to pay.
They're hoping to get at least 90% of the old Morgan Keegan to stay. Let's see if they do.
This Website Is For Financial Professionals Only
- Despite Its Long Rap Sheet, Merrill Lynch Is Coopting The Fiduciary Message; Thundering Herd Will Beat A Glorious Path To Restoring Investor Trust
- Commonwealth Financial Network Announces New Advisor Affiliation Models: You Can Be A Fee-Only RIA And Leverage The BD's Services
- 2012 Report Identifies Top Five Challenges For Broker-Dealers Along With Industry Trends And Best Practices
- Lincoln Financial Advisor Defamation Case Highlights The Limitations Of Brokercheck