FSC Finds New CEO After Five-Month Search
- Created: Tuesday, 23 August 2011 07:53
FSC Securities had been looking for a replacement for Mark Schlafly since he resigned in March.
They've found Jerry Murphy, who came to Advisor Group in 2005, to fill the spot.
Murphy has worked primarily with the holding company to help advisors throughout the three broker-dealer units -- including SagePoint and Royal Alliance as well as FSC -- expand their businesses.
Before Advisor Group, he was an executive at Janney Montgomery Scott and a issuer quality officer at Nasdaq.
Larry Roth, who was filling in as CEO for FSC as well as the broader Advisor Group, will return to his larger role overseeing all three broker-dealers.
Update on Schlafly: he's let his FINRA registration lapse and, as of this month, is working at Achaean Financial.
This Website Is For Financial Professionals Only
- Despite Its Long Rap Sheet, Merrill Lynch Is Coopting The Fiduciary Message; Thundering Herd Will Beat A Glorious Path To Restoring Investor Trust
- Commonwealth Financial Network Announces New Advisor Affiliation Models: You Can Be A Fee-Only RIA And Leverage The BD's Services
- 2012 Report Identifies Top Five Challenges For Broker-Dealers Along With Industry Trends And Best Practices
- Lincoln Financial Advisor Defamation Case Highlights The Limitations Of Brokercheck