Mark Schafly Makes Surprise Departure From The Top Spot At FSC Securities
- Created: Tuesday, 29 March 2011 22:41
After a little under three years running FSC Securities for corporate parent AIG, Mark Schafly has suddenly resigned. A search for a replacement is already underway.
Schafly came to FSC from LPL after the high-energy Joby Gruber left the firm under a bit of a cloud. Before LPL, he had spent a stunning 20 years at A.G. Edwards.
No motive for the quick departure beyond "personal reasons" was given.
FSC -- along with the other AIG brokerage firms Royal Alliance and Sagepoint -- has seen significant retention problems since AIG's troubles began in the wake of the credit crisis.
Larry Roth, who runs the AIG unit to which the three broker-dealers report, will serve as interim CEO.
As of last night, Schafly's linkedin page still listed him as CEO at FSC Securities, so the move seems sudden on all counts.
This Website Is For Financial Professionals Only
- Despite Its Long Rap Sheet, Merrill Lynch Is Coopting The Fiduciary Message; Thundering Herd Will Beat A Glorious Path To Restoring Investor Trust
- Commonwealth Financial Network Announces New Advisor Affiliation Models: You Can Be A Fee-Only RIA And Leverage The BD's Services
- 2012 Report Identifies Top Five Challenges For Broker-Dealers Along With Industry Trends And Best Practices
- Lincoln Financial Advisor Defamation Case Highlights The Limitations Of Brokercheck