Tiburon Advisors Discounts The Prospect Of Another Brokerage Firm Buying Investors Capital
- Created: Tuesday, 15 March 2011 22:50
Chip Roame of Tiburon tells Research that simply filing to sell a controlling stake is not usually how a publicly traded company puts itself on the acquisitions block.
And since he hasn't heard about any high-level discussions with investment bankers, that kind of transaction doesn't seem to be on the table.
Instead, Investors Capital's founder may simply be looking to retire and distribute his shares among existing shareholders and management. This would likely be a positive for the firm's reps, who would get to remain independent of any of the competitors that have been touted as possible buyers.
This Website Is For Financial Professionals Only
- Despite Its Long Rap Sheet, Merrill Lynch Is Coopting The Fiduciary Message; Thundering Herd Will Beat A Glorious Path To Restoring Investor Trust
- Commonwealth Financial Network Announces New Advisor Affiliation Models: You Can Be A Fee-Only RIA And Leverage The BD's Services
- 2012 Report Identifies Top Five Challenges For Broker-Dealers Along With Industry Trends And Best Practices
- Lincoln Financial Advisor Defamation Case Highlights The Limitations Of Brokercheck