Draft House Bill Shows Congress Is Leaning Toward An RIA SRO
- Created: Friday, 09 September 2011 07:49
The bill is still at a very vestigial stage, but it would basically push advisors that are currently SEC-registered to an SRO that would then report to the SEC.
Industry groups have already stepped up against the bill -- there's a great round table of reactions over here -- and it should make next week's hearings on advisor regulation especially interesting.
David Tittsworth of the Investment Advisers Association will testify at the hearing on behalf of keeping advisors under the SEC.
Dale Brown of the Financial Services Institute and Rick Ketchum of FINRA will be there on the other side.
This Website Is For Financial Professionals Only
- Plain-English Translation Of SEC Official's Speech To RIA CCOs
- RIA Data Security Webinar By Compliance Whiz Chris Winn Receives A 4.7 Rating From Attendees
- 2014 RIA Compliance: 23 Questions From Advisors And Answers
- Questions About ByAllAccounts And When Account Aggregation Of 401(k) Assets Triggers Onerous Custody Rules Become Focus Of Webinar About 2014 SEC Examination Priorities For RIAs