Apple Takes Control Of Marketing To You Based On Your Location
- Created: Monday, 09 June 2014 10:34
Marketers, the government, wireless carriers and other big companies will need Apple's permission to track those dynamic identifiers pinging cell sites, which means when you're in the mall companies can't send you text messages to let you know you just passed the socks that you bought two years ago and they're on sale for the next 10 minutes.
While Quartz and Ars Technica are covering the tech story as if Apple is using dynamic identifiers to protect privacy of its users, it's much more likely Apple is doing it simply to control who can market based on location to its iOS users.
This Website Is For Financial Professionals Only
- President Obama Endorses Net Neutrality
- How Much Is Everything On Your Computer Worth To You?
- Uber Is Launching An On-Demand Courier Service In Manhattan
- Tech-Industry Pundit Eviscerates Evernote For Losing His Intellectual Property, But Why Is A Tech Expert Trusting Evernote With His Ideas Without A Backup?