Baird Ramps Up Aggressive Campaign Of Recruiting Ex-Smith Barney Advisors
- Created: Tuesday, 28 June 2011 22:11
Like Cottle and Stroker, all are from either Smith Barney or, originally, Citi Global Markets. All are in Stroker's neck of the woods and will work in Baird offices across Ohio and Wisconsin.
Reading between the lines, it looks like morale may be riding high at Morgan Stanley, but the mood at Smith Barney -- merged with Morgan in the aftermath of the credit crunch and now being phased out as a separate brand -- looks a lot worse.
On average, the four producers jumping ship had worked about a decade apiece at Citi, Smith Barney, or both.
All joined Morgan in June 2008 and left between May and June of this year.
Baird is aggressively opening new regional branches. Outside Smith Barney, it also picked up a two-advisor team in South Dakota.
Together, the new hires represented $420 million in AUM but only $2.8 million in revenue for Morgan. That's a little low by industry standards, but still nothing to sneeze at.
This Website Is For Financial Professionals Only
- Despite Its Long Rap Sheet, Merrill Lynch Is Coopting The Fiduciary Message; Thundering Herd Will Beat A Glorious Path To Restoring Investor Trust
- Commonwealth Financial Network Announces New Advisor Affiliation Models: You Can Be A Fee-Only RIA And Leverage The BD's Services
- 2012 Report Identifies Top Five Challenges For Broker-Dealers Along With Industry Trends And Best Practices
- Lincoln Financial Advisor Defamation Case Highlights The Limitations Of Brokercheck