Review Detail

Average Attendee Rating
Poor Average Excellent

What can you get for 5k a year?

Regarding Andy's question of "What can you get for ~5k a year?" I thought that in an effort to add to the discussion, I would chime in.

First, I thought the Bill's presentation was very well done—it was organized, well thought out and it covered most of the important software areas that an Advisor should consider when setting up a firm.

The only tool I felt it was missing was Research (which we at Morningstar are particularly concerned with). We believe Research is a critical tool for both advisors and their clients--Other than this, I felt the presentation was totally on the mark.

----

Now, more specifically to Andy’s Qquestion regarding "What can you get for ~5k a year?" I wanted to make a quick plug for Morningstar Office, our complete practice and portfolio management solution for RIAs.

With a custodial discount, Morningstar Office retails for $4860 a year and gives you access to most of the areas that Bill referred to in his presentation.

Morningstar Office:
-> Research – All of Morningstar's Data, Analysis and Reports
-> Integrated Portfolio Management System – Tied to our Research Databases which eases import, reconciliation and security classification
-> Investment Planning - Monte Carlo, efficient frontier and customizable IPS
-> CRM - Client Web Portal
-> Other Features
- Fee Billing
- Batch Reporting
- SEC Compliant Report Archiving
- Model Tracking and Rebalancing Tool
- Morningstar Back Office Services (optional service)

All of these important pieces are integrated into Morningstar Office for less than ~5k a year (for 1 advisor plus an assistant).

With almost 2000 RIAs using Morningstar Office and hundreds of data conversions completed from other Portfolio Management systems, it’s likely that we have seen a situation comparable to yours and are happy to consult with you regarding Morningstar Office or any of the other products we offer.

Thanks again for the great webinar.

Kind Regards,

Michael Wilson
Director of Marketing
Morningstar Office
#312-38-3944
http://www.global.morningstar.com/officestories

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account