Interface 

Integration 

Pricing 

Monte Carlo Simulation 

Taxes 

Asset Allocation 

LTC-College Planning 

Estate Planning 

Great Planning Software, frequent partner intergration issues.

For some reason, one cannot limit which accounts are used in the inclusion of the Goals Plan asset allocation. The separate Asset Allocation plan allows this. The issue really is one of how to handle accounts that we want to account for in the plan but that are not under our control.

User Review

The Good
The basic planning philosophy of MGP is very strong. The reports are extremely usable. The customer support is very rapid and of high quality.
The Bad
Specific client integration with Redtail occasionally 'disconnects' and all the accounts for that client need to be reestablished in MGP. This has been a persistent, though occasional, issue that costs time (money). Also, MGP is tarnished by association with CashEdge (just view the CashEdge reviews here for a snapshot of a really negative product). My wish is that they'd tie-in with ByAllAccounts or one of the slick new vendors (Mint?). We use CashEdge when there's no other option but refuse to allow our clients access because it's just too problematic. Redtail may be working on a workaround using a different vendor. Not a minute too soon, I can't wait to be able to drop CashEdge.
The Bottom Line
MoneyGuidePro excels in depicting the quantitative plan in an easy to understand manner. Their latest revision is particularly strong. It includes a great 'Presentation' tool. I would not seriously consider an alternative product. The Goals orientation is a 'real-world' in my view.

Having said that, the integration partner issues are probably their biggest headache and I suspect some of these issues are not completely within their control.
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account