Interface 

Integration 

Pricing 

Monte Carlo Simulation 

Taxes 

Asset Allocation 

LTC-College Planning 

Estate Planning 

Easy to use. Pretty steep learning curve, but support staff is great! Some bugs in the system.

Great support, lots of flexibility, steep but friendly learning curve, and mediocre reports. It gets the job done.

User Review

The Good
There is a lot of flexibility in the system. Recent additions to the online version have enhanced the asset allocation tool. It allows for manual override of asset classes, etc. Taxes are well calculated for long-term planning, but we lean on other software for current year planning. Great cash-flow planning.
The Bad
There are some critical bugs in the system that have been acknowledged, but it doesn't seem to be a priority to fix. There needs to be a better way to track changes from one scenario to the next. Currently, I manually write what changes I've made in the notes section for each scenario.

The reports are full of generic filler text. For example, it will recommend to the client that they do something that they aren't eligible for or that isn't applicable to their situation. I would rather NaviPlan leave it to me to make the recommendations or at least give me the option.
The Bottom Line
I found it very easy to learn. It takes time, but it is fairly intuitive. The support staff is excellent. The reports contain lots of useless information, but it is possible to save most of the reports as an .rtf format and then cut out the tables, etc and paste them into a custom report. More work than it should be. At the end of the day, it's the best cash-flow based software I've seen.
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account