Northern Trust Starts Targeting Non-Traditional Family Clients In Its Wealth Management Offices
- Created: Thursday, 06 January 2011 00:37
The new practice area will focus on gay and lesbian couples and their unique planning needs, which can range from securing both partners' power of attorney and medical attorney in states that do not recognize their relationships to ensuring that the couple receives all exemptions they qualify to receive.
Since the initiative explicitly concentrates on the high-net-worth market, it is likely that it will be a competitive differentiator rather than a major business area for the bank, which already has about $150 billion in AUM and another $350 billion in assets under custody.
As a differentiator, it may be a smart move. The planning environment for gay and lesbian couples is just different enough that a firm could capture these clients simply be advertising its expertise as well as its sensitivity to their needs.
This Website Is For Financial Professionals Only
- Talk To Local Contacts About The Math Behind Retirement Investing
- NPR Reports On “The Personal Finance Industrial Complex” And Says The Only Person You Should Trust With Your Money Is Yourself
- Write Your Own News Releases, Become Known Locally
- Goldman Sachs Defector's "Toxic" Resignation Could Be A Rallying Cry For Client-Focused Advisors