Focus Financial Partners In Acquisition Deal With Wirehouse Team That Broke Away Just Last Year
- Created: Tuesday, 08 November 2011 21:31
After just seven months in business, Sapient was named ‘“Top Up-and-Coming fee-only firm” by InvestmentNews, accroding to a press release from Focus. "The firm’s leadership team, Greg Erwin, Alan Rexius, and King Martin, previously worked together serving clients at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney and the group has successfully transitioned over 95% of its former clients."
Sapient was launched with the support of Focus Connections, a consulting service that helps wirehouse teams establish RIAs. Focus Partners uses this services as an incubator for wirehouse teams that could become candidate for acquisition by Focus Financial.
Founded in 2006, Focus Financial Partners, LLC., has acquired eight independent advisory practices and now manages more than $45 billion and employs 750. It provides wealth management, benefit, and investment consulting services to individuals, families, employers and institutions.
Focus says that when acquires an RIA, principals maintain independence and yet benefit from the synergies, scale, and best practices of a large firm. Owners achieve an eventual buyout.
Any thoughts on Focus Financial or other firms acquiring advisor-run RIAs?
This Website Is For Financial Professionals Only
- Succession Link, A New Listing Service For Advisors Who Want to Sell Firms, Debuts
- RIA Consolidator Beacon Pointe Announces Deal With $100 Million AUM RIA And Is Looking For 40 More RIAs
- Like Doctors, Advisors Don't Take Their Own Medicine When It Comes To Succession Planning Advice
- Creating A Wealth Management Firm That Will Be Highly Valued When You Are Ready To Sell