$150 Million CFP Firm Creates Novel "Residency" Training Program For Young Planners
- Created: Monday, 18 April 2011 23:20
Cornerstone Wealth Advisors in Edina, Minnesota is a four-planner shop managing $150 million. They're not especially interested in ramping up a huge internal talent pool, but are eager to create a path for new planners at the beginning of their careers.
The "residency" program leaves graduates with the three-year track record the CFP Board wants to see, but at the end of that term they need to find other jobs elsewhere.
It's an innovative arrangement, and we will have to see whether it spreads to other firms.
This Website Is For Financial Professionals Only
- Succession Link, A New Listing Service For Advisors Who Want to Sell Firms, Debuts
- RIA Consolidator Beacon Pointe Announces Deal With $100 Million AUM RIA And Is Looking For 40 More RIAs
- Like Doctors, Advisors Don't Take Their Own Medicine When It Comes To Succession Planning Advice
- Creating A Wealth Management Firm That Will Be Highly Valued When You Are Ready To Sell