Investing

Oil Prices Hurdle Toward 13-Year Record Slide As Economic News From China Looms

http://iimagelibrary1.advisorproducts.com/images/igallery/original/9101-9200/chess__1007_-9197.jpg
  Oil is sliding into its worst downward trajectory in 13 years. News from Europe is weighing on the market combined with OPEC’s neutral stance on oil supply and upcoming economic reports from China, the world’s largest use of oil. If the reports from China indicate greater weakness in its economy, oil futures could decline even more.

Read more ...

Advisor Points To Need To Create A Better Financial Planning Model That Better Fits Investors' Needs

http://iimagelibrary1.advisorproducts.com/images/igallery/original/1201-1300/meetings_at_computer__1026_-1270.jpg
Paula Hogan, a frequent speaker at FPA and NAPFA events, points to the disconnect between advisors and clients by creating a new financial planning model that she says will integrate basic economic concepts with the realities of dealing with individual investors.

Read more ...

More Company CEOs Grow Uncertain About Prospects For A Second-Half Recovery

http://iimagelibrary1.advisorproducts.com/images/igallery/original/9401-9500/stock_charts__1091_-9452.jpg
As more economic indicators disappoint, more company CEOs are thinking that a recovery in the second half of the year is not going to happen. Economists still forecast growth for the year but the hurdles that are mounting against that hope are continuing to build. Each slate of disappointing results adds to uncertainty.

Read more ...

Being The Calm Port In A Market Storm Has Made Advisors More Trusted Than Doctors And Accountants

http://iimagelibrary1.advisorproducts.com/images/igallery/original/1201-1300/meetings_at_computer__1044_-1288.jpg
Among the mass affluent, more investors trust their financial advisors than trust their doctors or their accountants. A recent survey of investors with $200,000 in assets showed the trust factor of these investors at 84% compared to 79% for their doctors and 74% for their accountants. This is welcome news after huge breaches of trust from the likes of Madoff and Stanford.

Read more ...

Basel III Jumps Across The Pond As Fed Adopts The Reserve Capital Rule For All US Banks

http://iimagelibrary1.advisorproducts.com/images/igallery/original/9201-9300/mazes__1008_-9235.jpg
The Federal Reserve has adopted the strict capital requirements set forth by a group of European banks and spearheaded by the UK in a meeting in Basel, Switzerland. What this means is that banks will have to raise their common equity reserves to 4.5% plus another 2.5% to provide what is called a capital conservation buffer. That’s a total of 7% in reserves compared to the current requirement of up to 2%.

Read more ...