China’s Economy Slowed In Fourth Quarter, Setting Stage For Dismal First Quarter
- Created: Tuesday, 17 January 2012 09:32
Analysts predicted an even sharper slowdown in the first quarter of 2012 amid new pro-growth measures from the Chinese government.
China’s gross domestic output rose just 2% in the fourth quarter, as overall growth slowed to 8.9%.
Property investment plunged 40% on an annual basis in December, while net exports subtracted from 2011 growth. Debt-plagued Europe is China’s top trading partner.
This Website Is For Financial Professionals Only
- China’s Crash Could Set Off A Trade War In Asia And Cause Chaos In Capitals Across The Globe
- Move along. Nothing to see here.
- China Expert And Money Manager Mark DeWeaver Warns That A Chinese Economic Bust Is Likely And Could Impact Investors Worldwide
- Could Japan's Long Struggling Economy Finally Be Pulling Out Of Its 25-Year Malaise?