RIAs Driving New Wave Of Interest In CIMA Designation, IMCA Membership
- Created: Wednesday, 11 January 2012 11:07
Membership in the Investment Management Consultants Association, which administers the CIMA credential, surged a healthy 7% to 8,400 last year.
Drill down into the numbers and you'll find that a net 620 RIAs joined the organization.
But overall membership actually increased by only 550.
Granted, attrition plagued the broker-dealer channel last year, but this indicates that RIAs are signing up for the CIMA faster while other types of advisory firm are giving up.
At this point, 27% of IMCA members are RIAs. If this goes on, IMCA may one day become a rival to today's RIA-heavy trade groups.
This Website Is For Financial Professionals Only
- NAPFA Must Do The Right Thing With CPA/PFSs If It Wants To Retain Its Special Role As An Advocate For Consumers
- CFA Level 1 Exam Prep Now Being Offered By The American College, Reflecting The Growing Popularity Of The CFA Designation
- Charles J. Yang, CFA, Elected Chair Of CFA Institute Board Of Governors
- NAPFA, In Saying Only CFPs Can Become Members, Snubbed The AICPA, Exposing Fractures In The Movement To Professionalize