Recent NAPFA Conference Unveils Slightly Different Direction For Planning Group
- Created: Monday, 23 May 2011 06:42
Previously, NAPFA was known as the "fee-only" trade organization, but the new emphasis -- rolled out at last week's member retreat in Salt Lake City -- is on delivering financial planning service via multiple channels.
The tag line in the client-facing promotional campaign is "The Power of Trust."
While NAPFA is still expanding fairly rapidly -- last year saw a 6% spike in membership -- Susan John warns that the group could still become "irrelevant" if it fails to evolve along with the industry.
A new website is in the works.
This Website Is For Financial Professionals Only
- NAPFA Must Do The Right Thing With CPA/PFSs If It Wants To Retain Its Special Role As An Advocate For Consumers
- CFA Level 1 Exam Prep Now Being Offered By The American College, Reflecting The Growing Popularity Of The CFA Designation
- Charles J. Yang, CFA, Elected Chair Of CFA Institute Board Of Governors
- NAPFA, In Saying Only CFPs Can Become Members, Snubbed The AICPA, Exposing Fractures In The Movement To Professionalize