What Do Charles Schwab, Personal Finance, And Rap Music All Have In Common?
- Created: Thursday, 11 April 2013 12:26
The competition is called the Money Matters Music Mogul (M4) Contest, and 15 year old Blake McGuire’s song, Money All That Matters!, received more than 100,000 votes on myclubmylife.com and is featured on the first-ever financial literacy-themed hip hop album.
Young McGuire’s rap is not great poetry and doesn’t convey much personal finance wisdom, and the video ironically features a banner in the background promoting Greece. But you have to give the give the Schwab foundation credit for getting teens to think about personal finance.
“Let’s face it, personal finance in itself may not seem all that interesting to teens, so we’re always looking for fresh ways to light a spark," said Carrie Schwab-Pomerantz, president of Charles Schwab Foundation in a press release. “We thought hip hop was a genre they would find relevant, and the success of the contest proved us right. I've been really impressed with the results, and have to say that I can’t get this year’s winning song out of my head!”
It is a great song!
This Website Is For Financial Professionals Only
- Bravo! A4A Previews The Advisor Portal TD Ameritrade Institutional Will Launch In 4Q2015
- Charles Schwab to Host Live Online Educational Event for Active Traders
- TD Ameritrade Institutional Hires Jim Dario Away From Pershing Advisor Solutions, Where He Led RIA Business Development And Advisor Recruiting
- Schwab Gets Green Light To Handle Custody Of Alternative Assets For Advisor Affiliates