Schwab Touts Its Advisor University As A Way For Training-Hungry RIA Affiliates To Learn
- Created: Sunday, 24 April 2011 22:34
Over the past 10 months, employees from 40% of the 6,000 RIA firms in Schwab's network have taken courses in how to set up and service accounts on the platform, move money around, make trades, and access research.
New classes coming in late summer will lay out changes in cost basis accounting, new product launches, and how to operate Schwab's online position journaling tools.
According to some reports, regulatory topics will also become part of the curriculum soon.
All the courses are provided on demand and run at the student's schedule, allowing RIAs to enroll new employees on a rolling basis and get them up to speed.
As Schwab found out in an affiliate survey two years ago, a full 67% of the RIAs on its platform wanted more basic training on the basic tools and procedures it provides. This goes a long way toward giving them what they asked for.
This Website Is For Financial Professionals Only
- Bravo! A4A Previews The Advisor Portal TD Ameritrade Institutional Will Launch In 4Q2015
- What Do Charles Schwab, Personal Finance, And Rap Music All Have In Common?
- Charles Schwab to Host Live Online Educational Event for Active Traders
- TD Ameritrade Institutional Hires Jim Dario Away From Pershing Advisor Solutions, Where He Led RIA Business Development And Advisor Recruiting