UBS Actually Posts A Profit In The Recent Quarter As Advisor Production Expands
- Created: Wednesday, 26 October 2011 07:35
The Swiss bank did well enough in the bond market -- buying back its own distressed debt and selling Treasury securities -- that it handily erased the damage a rogue trader did to its bottom line.
And with the U.S. wealth management unit bringing in a net $4.5 billion in new client assets, UBS actually fared better in the quarter than its wirehouse rivals.
UBS, remarkably, kept generating more revenue on both a quarter-to-quarter and an annualized basis.
Is the firm's "do more with less" ethic paying off? At this point, the average UBS rep now handles more client money than his or her relatively white-glove counterpart at Merrill or Morgan.
This Website Is For Financial Professionals Only
- Despite Its Long Rap Sheet, Merrill Lynch Is Coopting The Fiduciary Message; Thundering Herd Will Beat A Glorious Path To Restoring Investor Trust
- Commonwealth Financial Network Announces New Advisor Affiliation Models: You Can Be A Fee-Only RIA And Leverage The BD's Services
- 2012 Report Identifies Top Five Challenges For Broker-Dealers Along With Industry Trends And Best Practices
- Lincoln Financial Advisor Defamation Case Highlights The Limitations Of Brokercheck