Ex-LPL Transition Team Goes Independent As Recruiters
- Created: Monday, 01 August 2011 06:51
Scott Collins, Scott Miller, and Scott Montgomery have teamed up to create FirstPoint Partners, a San Diego-based industry recruiting firm designed to help advisors go independent.
Collins and Miller started their careers as advisors at Merrill, then became recruiting execs at LPL.
Montgomery is also from LPL, but previously spent time as a wholesaler as well as an advisor.
Between them, they estimate that they moved about $750 million in annual production to LPL.
Now, they're targeting advisors who generate around $500,000 to $1 million a year.
While they will help take wirehouse reps all the way to an independent RIA, they seem intrigued with the wealth of new "hybrid" approaches out there.
This Website Is For Financial Professionals Only
- Despite Its Long Rap Sheet, Merrill Lynch Is Coopting The Fiduciary Message; Thundering Herd Will Beat A Glorious Path To Restoring Investor Trust
- Commonwealth Financial Network Announces New Advisor Affiliation Models: You Can Be A Fee-Only RIA And Leverage The BD's Services
- 2012 Report Identifies Top Five Challenges For Broker-Dealers Along With Industry Trends And Best Practices
- Lincoln Financial Advisor Defamation Case Highlights The Limitations Of Brokercheck