Morgan Stanley Is Not Planning Thousands Of Layoffs, But They've Considered The Concept
- Created: Sunday, 17 July 2011 22:32
Morgan is definitely trimming about 300 underperforming reps -- largely younger ones -- from its sales force this quarter.
But speculation about much deeper cuts seems to be jumping the gun a bit.
Morgan's Marie Claire Delaney debunks the idea of broad-based layoffs as simply not on the table right now.
She says the firm is always weighing its payrolls to ensure that it's "right sized," but it's a long way from evaluating scenarios to signing pink slips.
Still, the very notion that Morgan is open to the idea as part of its strategic planning might be where the speculation originally started.
The reporter who broke the story quoted an anonymous source within Morgan. Maybe the discussion got garbled along the way?
This Website Is For Financial Professionals Only
- Despite Its Long Rap Sheet, Merrill Lynch Is Coopting The Fiduciary Message; Thundering Herd Will Beat A Glorious Path To Restoring Investor Trust
- Commonwealth Financial Network Announces New Advisor Affiliation Models: You Can Be A Fee-Only RIA And Leverage The BD's Services
- 2012 Report Identifies Top Five Challenges For Broker-Dealers Along With Industry Trends And Best Practices
- Lincoln Financial Advisor Defamation Case Highlights The Limitations Of Brokercheck