Local Media Now Speculating That Securities America Is Fighting For Its Life
- Created: Tuesday, 22 March 2011 22:31
The Omaha World-Herald has started following the Securities America story very seriously now that it looks like the firm's corporate parent Ameriprise will either have to bail it out or let it die.
Amerprise spokespeople have maintained that Securities America should not be blamed for the failure of Medical Capital Holdings, which issued debt that the company bought for clients -- on a scale of roughly $600 million.
However, a federal judge has now ruled that the firm was responsible for better due diligence and so stands to absorb the losses on its own -- separately or in connection to Ameriprise.
This Website Is For Financial Professionals Only
- Despite Its Long Rap Sheet, Merrill Lynch Is Coopting The Fiduciary Message; Thundering Herd Will Beat A Glorious Path To Restoring Investor Trust
- Commonwealth Financial Network Announces New Advisor Affiliation Models: You Can Be A Fee-Only RIA And Leverage The BD's Services
- 2012 Report Identifies Top Five Challenges For Broker-Dealers Along With Industry Trends And Best Practices
- Lincoln Financial Advisor Defamation Case Highlights The Limitations Of Brokercheck