Securities America Gets Its Do-Or-Die Settlement Hearing Today
- Created: Thursday, 17 March 2011 23:11
If the federal judge agrees to let the once-mighty brokerage firm settle all the outstanding claims against it by paying a token $21 million, then Securities America has a decent shot at the future.
But since the firm only has $2 million in cash to work with, even getting 95% of its obligations erased may not save it from having to ask perennial "distant parent" Ameriprise for help.
Reps are reportedly already on the move. Great story here.
This Website Is For Financial Professionals Only
- Despite Its Long Rap Sheet, Merrill Lynch Is Coopting The Fiduciary Message; Thundering Herd Will Beat A Glorious Path To Restoring Investor Trust
- Commonwealth Financial Network Announces New Advisor Affiliation Models: You Can Be A Fee-Only RIA And Leverage The BD's Services
- 2012 Report Identifies Top Five Challenges For Broker-Dealers Along With Industry Trends And Best Practices
- Lincoln Financial Advisor Defamation Case Highlights The Limitations Of Brokercheck