Fixed Income 

Tax Lot Accounting 

Trading 

Integrations 

Security 

Hosting 

Pricing 

A good tool, if limited

I have found the system close enough to what I really want that I have not been motivated to look seriously at another system in the 9 years I have been using it. Like most portfolio reporting systems, if a new position is transferred in, or when a new data stream is activated, it assigns the value the first day it appears as the cost basis. When the system reconciles a position, it creates a phantom transaction to bring it back into balance. For these reasons, I do not recommend using the gain/loss reports for tax reporting. The reconciliations are not generally significant enough to throw off performance calculations, but users are advised to check for reconciliations in the system periodically - if left unresolved, the performance figures can be affected over time.

User Review

The Good
What Albridge does, it does well. Once interfaces to custodians are in place, the data streams reliably and quickly, and most positions and transactions are reconciled accurately and automatically. It is the most reliable system with the least effort I have seen.
The Bad
Reports cannot be customized and new reports cannot be created. I have found reports that satisfy my needs, but it would be nice to be able to create or edit them. Technical support is terrible. I have frequently found that I know more about the system than Level 1 support.
The Bottom Line
For simplicity, reliability, and reports that satisfy most of my needs at a price that's just a little above what I think reasonable, it is a great system.
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account