Integration 

Pricing 

Monte Carlo Simulation 

Taxes 

Asset Allocation 

LTC-College Planning 

Estate Planning 

Love MGP!

I know it is not perfect, but suits my needs and my younger planning-only clients love working with it. It allows me to deliver cost effective planning to clients outside my target market, but who will grow into future clients or are children of clients.

User Review

The Good
I use a goal based approach to planning and this progam matches my philosophy. It is intuitive for basic plans. Clients enjoy the graphics and the what if. Support is great and I like the on-line training. Our firm used FinaMetrica from the time it was first introduced in the US and were very pleased when that was integrated into the MGP program. I am also using PreciseFP for some clients to use for data input and the integration is fairly good. Have had mixed results with CashEdge, but usually have that work after walking them through the process. I can't imagine using any other program for planning.
The Bad
Results are not always what I expect and have to dig into the data to find how it uses information. I have also have some situations where there will be a break in employment before retirement and it doesn't handle that well - or I just haven't figured out how to model it effectively.
The Bottom Line
It was good when I started using it 5 years ago and has just kept getting better!
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account