State Regulators Tell Advisors What They Want To See From Examined Firms
- Created: Tuesday, 04 October 2011 07:39
The North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA) says that 59.6% of the advisors it examined last year were deficient in at least one aspect of their registration.
That's not great, but it's a lot better than the 70% who missed a perfect score back in 2007.
Most of the problems boiled down to Part 1 and Part 2 of the ADV not lining up.
Advisors who want to be in full compliance can use the list as a checklist of practices to avoid.
One bit of trivia: It isn't in the presentation, but NASAA is also worried about advisors using "RIA" in their signatures as though it was a certification.
I've never seen that, but guess it's prevalent enough for them to notice.
This Website Is For Financial Professionals Only
- Plain-English Translation Of SEC Official's Speech To RIA CCOs
- RIA Data Security Webinar By Compliance Whiz Chris Winn Receives A 4.7 Rating From Attendees
- 2014 RIA Compliance: 23 Questions From Advisors And Answers
- Questions About ByAllAccounts And When Account Aggregation Of 401(k) Assets Triggers Onerous Custody Rules Become Focus Of Webinar About 2014 SEC Examination Priorities For RIAs