The Margin Between State And SEC Regulation Widens To Give RIAs More Flexibility
- Created: Monday, 27 June 2011 23:01
It turns out that the SEC is letting advisory firms with assets under management between $90 million and $110 million choose their regulator.
This gives these firms some vital flexibility when it comes to market-driven AUM fluctuations in particular.
Otherwise, if the $100 million limit mandated by Dodd-Frank was strictly enforced, RIAs on the edge could find themselves having to switch from SEC to state regulation after a bad market day, only to switch back once the markets recover.
This Website Is For Financial Professionals Only
- Plain-English Translation Of SEC Official's Speech To RIA CCOs
- RIA Data Security Webinar By Compliance Whiz Chris Winn Receives A 4.7 Rating From Attendees
- 2014 RIA Compliance: 23 Questions From Advisors And Answers
- Questions About ByAllAccounts And When Account Aggregation Of 401(k) Assets Triggers Onerous Custody Rules Become Focus Of Webinar About 2014 SEC Examination Priorities For RIAs