Are 9,000 Advisory Firms Going To Miss Thursday's ADV Filing Date?
- Created: Sunday, 27 March 2011 22:27
Some outlets are forecasting that a full 1/3 of the industry -- almost 9,000 RIAs -- are going to miss Thursday's deadline.
That might be an extreme and even somewhat alarmist estimate. However, since the consultants are already working to capacity, the one thing that's clear is that firms who haven't booked time already stand a good chance of having to file their ADV forms late, simply because there's nobody left in the compliance business with time to help.
And since some RIA consultancies report that only 30% of all the firms they usually work with have approached them for ADV help, the real number of late submissions may actually end up much higher than anyone is publicly expecting.
There's no explicit penalty for missing the deadline, so the experts say that if it looks like your firm isn't going to make it, it's better to not rush and expect to revise the submission later.
Just take the time to make sure everything's in order from the very beginning, and get it in as soon as possible, they say.
This Website Is For Financial Professionals Only
- Plain-English Translation Of SEC Official's Speech To RIA CCOs
- RIA Data Security Webinar By Compliance Whiz Chris Winn Receives A 4.7 Rating From Attendees
- 2014 RIA Compliance: 23 Questions From Advisors And Answers
- Questions About ByAllAccounts And When Account Aggregation Of 401(k) Assets Triggers Onerous Custody Rules Become Focus Of Webinar About 2014 SEC Examination Priorities For RIAs