Making Connections: A Pipeline Of Leads Filled By LinkedIn
- Created: Tuesday, 06 December 2011 13:09
LinkedIn was founded in 2002 by Reid Hoffman and today boasts over 100 million members in 200 countries making it the world’s largest professional networking website. Unlike other social networking sites, LinkedIn’s mission was to connect employers with potential job candidates and vice versa. Today, LinkedIn is the premier professional networking site for personal promotion, as well as business development.
LinkedIn offers many tactics that can be utilized by financial advisors to fill the pipeline of leads.By using the “advanced search” option, you can easily filter and narrow prospects in your targeted industry. The “advanced people search” has options to highlight keywords, names, locations and postal codes, as well as job titles, schools and companies. If individuals or businesses use certain keywords numerous times throughout their profile, those names should come up first on the search page.
For example, if CPAs are good referral sources for you, you can search for CPAs in your zip code and build your database of accountants. With LinkedIn’s Business, Business Plus or Executive paid accounts, you can search by company size, interests, years of experience and Fortune 1,000. Seniority level and function are in beta testing.
This Website Is For Financial Professionals Only
- The Tumult Facing Investment Advisors To 401(k) Plans; Wall Street Price-Gouging Prompts Calls For Regulatory Reform And Increased Disclosure; Promotes Benchmarking-Mania
- TIAA-CREF Study Recommends Ways To Improve Defined Contribution Plans And Boost Retirement Readiness
- What Can Advisors Do To Ensure Participants A Paycheck For Life®?
- 401(k) Plan Participant Meetings Present An Opportunity To Build Trust While Gathering Data