DOL Extends Comments Period On Unexpectedly Fractious 401(k) Fiduciary Rules
- Created: Wednesday, 09 March 2011 23:58
Comments on the proposed new rules are now being accepted until 15 days after the transcript of the DOL hearing on the subject is posted to its website.
This gives everyone in the industry -- from brokers to RIAs to insurance agents to accountants -- at least two more weeks to weigh in on the topic.
The DOL has reportedly already gotten over 200 formal comment letters, which makes it an incredibly hot topic by ERISA law standards.
This Website Is For Financial Professionals Only
- The Tumult Facing Investment Advisors To 401(k) Plans; Wall Street Price-Gouging Prompts Calls For Regulatory Reform And Increased Disclosure; Promotes Benchmarking-Mania
- TIAA-CREF Study Recommends Ways To Improve Defined Contribution Plans And Boost Retirement Readiness
- What Can Advisors Do To Ensure Participants A Paycheck For Life®?
- 401(k) Plan Participant Meetings Present An Opportunity To Build Trust While Gathering Data