- Financial Advisor Webinar Series
- Financial Services Reform Update
- Duane Thompson
- Potomac Strategies LLC
- 05/07/10 4:00 PM EST
- You must be registered and logged into download the slides
- You must be registered and logged into view this replay
- CE Credit:
As Congress wrestles with historic reforms in the way Wall Street conducts business, the fate of advisor regulation hangs in the balance. While Washington’s focus has been on gaps in banking regulation and systemic risk, lesser-known reforms will have a lasting impact on the way advisors run their firms.
In this webinar, you'll learn about reform proposals including:
- moving RIAs with less than $100 million AUM to state jurisdiction
- making FINRA responsible for RIA regulation instead of the SEC
- extending fiduciary responsibility to wire house brokers
- creating a separate regulator for financial planners
Guest speaker Duane Thompson is president of Potomac Strategies LLC, a bipartisan government relations firm. Potomac provides federal representation before Congress, legislative analysis, and strategic communications to companies in the financial services industry, and it is focused on the independent advisor channel. Thompson is a former managing director of the Financial Planning Association’s Washington lobbying office. He has 20 years of experience as a registered federal and state lobbyist and was named Lobbyist of the Year in 2005 by Compliance Reporter.
This webinar is approved for IMCA cCE credit, IMCA ID is 12A4AI062
View all user reviews
Average user rating from: 79 user(s)
To write a review please register or login.
EventList powered by schlu.net