A Private Two Day Seminar for Lawyers, CPAs, and Financial Advisors
“What the Lawyer, CPA, and Financial Advisor Need to Know About Sophisticated Planning and Drafting for IRA & Qualified Plan Distributions, Including How to Plan with a $5,000,000 Exemption”
Robert S. Keebler, CPA, MST, AEP (Distinguished) is a partner with Keebler & Associates, LLP and is a 2007 recipient of the prestigious Accredited Estate Planners (Distinguished) award from the National Association of Estate Planning Counsels. He has been named by CPA Magazine as one of the Top 100 Most Influential Practitioners in the United States and one of the Top 40 Tax Advisors to Know During a Recession. Mr. Keebler is the past Editor-in-Chief of CCH’s magazine, Journal of Retirement Planning and a member of CCH’s Financial and Estate Planning Advisory Board. His practice includes family wealth transfer and preservation planning, charitable giving, retirement distribution planning, and estate administration. Mr. Keebler frequently represents clients before the National Office of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in the private letter ruling process and in estate, gift and income tax examinations and appeals.
In the past 20 years, he has received over 150 favorable private letter rulings including several key rulings of “first impression.” Mr. Keebler is nationally recognized as an expert in estate and retirement planning and works collaboratively with other experts on academic reviews, papers, and client matters. Mr. Keebler is the author of over 75 articles and columns and editor, author, or co-author of many books and treatises on wealth transfer and taxation, including the Warren, Gorham & Lamont of RIA treatise Esperti, Peterson and Keebler/Irrevocable Trusts: Analysis with Forms.
Mr. Keebler is a member of the editorial board of the Society of Financial Service Professionals “Keeping Current” series. He is a featured columnist for CCH’s Taxes Magazine – “Family Tax Planning Forum,” Steve Leimberg’s “News of the Week Newsletter” and the Bureau of National Affairs Tax Division. Bob also had his article "Is That Your 'Final' Answer?" published in Tax Management Compensation Planning Journal. Bob frequently is quoted in national publications such as New York Times, Chicago Tribune, Baltimore Sun, Barrons, Bloomberg Wealth Manager, Financial Advisor, Forbes, Kiplinger, Lawyer’s Weekly, On Wall Street, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Wealth Manager and Worth in addition to many local and regional newspapers.
Robert S. Keebler, CPA, MST, AEP (Distinguished)
Day One Covers Financial and Tax Planning topics that include:
· Planning in a Rising Tax Environment
· Understanding the Pension Protection Act
· Required Beginning Date Issues - Minimum distribution rules in-depth, preparing beneficiary forms.
· 2010 Case Law and PLR Update
· Inherited IRA Concept
· Life Insurance in Qualified Plans - What works and what does not.
· Spousal Rollover Rules - Opportunities and issues.
· Understanding 72(t) Distributions - The hidden rules.
· Waiver of the 60 Day Rule – How a waiver is obtained.
· Roth IRA Contributions
· Roth IRA Conversions and Recharacterizations
· Roth IRA Distributions in a Rising Tax Environment
· IRA Distributions After Death - Understanding and implementing the Inherited IRA.
· Generation Skipping Transfer Tax Planning and Drafting
· Charitable IRA Strategies
· Charitable Remainder Trusts – When to Use
· IRC § 691(c) Deduction
· Computer Modeling of IRA Distributions and Roth Conversion
· Lump Sum Distribution Planning
· Net Unrealized Appreciation - Economics, law and modeling
· Integrating Asset Allocation Theory with Tax Allocations
· Over 10 Case Studies
· Asset Protection Plan for ERISA Plans and IRAs
Day Two Covers Tax and Estate Planning topics that include:
· IRA Planning with a $5,000,000 Exemption
· IRA Planning with Unified Credit Portability
· Drafting the Credit Shelter Trust - Accumulation or Conduit?
· Drafting the QTIP Trust After Rev. Rul. 2006-26
· Ownership of Property - Common Law and Community Property Jurisdictions
· Community Property Issues - Understanding IRC § 408(g)
· Coordination with other Estate Planning Documents
· Coordination with the Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts - Timing of Distributions.
· Fiduciary Income Tax Issues and Planning - Understanding DNI.
· Fiduciary Accounting Issues Including the UPIA - Understanding the 10% Rule.
· Trustee Responsibilities and Concerns
· Tax Apportionment Provisions - Integrating federal and state law.
· Drafting Beneficiary Designation Forms
· Charitable Planning - Cashing out beneficiaries.
· Separate Share Provisions - Lifetime and post mortem planning.
· QTIPing an IRA - Determination of life expectancy and required distributions.
· After Death Issues - Funding a bypass trust with IRA assets.
· Disclaimer Planning - Using a disclaimer and the effect on post-death required minimum distributions.
· Disclaimers of IRAs After Rev. Rul. 2005-36
What Other Attendees Have Said About Our Seminars
“I’ve heard Bob Keebler speak on this topic three times, and I’ve always come away with new and unique planning strategies that have real client applications.”
—David Foster, CPA, PFS, CFP
“Mr. Keebler’s seminar was by far the most lucid, well-presented and thorough invaluable presentation of this topic that I have ever heard. It is a must for anyone in the estate planning field.”
—Attorney Richard Z. Kabaker
“Key sections provide a safe route through the potential malpractice minefield of complex distribution rules. The easiest-to-use, all-in-one-place research tool in this field.”
—Brian R. Mudd, JD, CPA
Plus additional evaluations from various national seminars: “Excellent presentation, easy to understand and follow. Hit important points and explained them well. Very informative and engaging. Best speaker and content so far!”
Seminar Location and Class Times
The Cambria Suites Hotel
1011 Tony Canadeo Run
Green Bay, WI 54301
Day One- 8:00am to 5:00pm
Day Two- 7:30am to 3:30pm
Lunch Will Be Provided On Both Days
You will receive hundreds of pages of professionally prepared materials for the seminar compiled by Robert S. Keebler, CPA, MST, AEP and the professional staff of Keebler & Associates, LLP.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
If you contact us before October 1st 2012, a 100% refund or full credit toward a future seminar will be granted. If you contact us October 1st 2012 or later, a refund of 80% will be granted. No refunds will be granted after the seminar commences. Please contact Emily Rosenberg at (920) 593-1705 or
emily.rosenberg@keeblerandassociates for more information.
Cost of Attendance
The cost for this private two-day seminar is $995. Register by October 1st to receive a $295 discount!
The Cambria Suites Hotel
1011 Tony Canadeo Run
Green Bay, WI 54301
Seminar Fee, including materials is $995
Lunch Included Both Days
**Register by October 1st to receive a $295 discount**
Fax a copy of the registration form to 920-593-1717
Or Email Emily Rosenberg at
To obtain the registration form please go to: