In a post on September 21, we pointed you to an AdvisorOne article that outlined 11 Congressional committees whose actions would likely be affected by the election.
Today, we'll begin to give you updates on actions in those committees and will keep you updated as news comes in during this last Congressional session of the year.
By now, everyone knows that the Democrats retained control of the Senate and the Republicans retained control of the House.
There were eleven committees—six Senate and five House—that were highlighted for you to keep an eye on after Congress reconvened after the last recess before the election. Those committees were:
- Senate Appropriations Committee
- Senate Banking Committee
- Senate Budget Committee
- Senate Finance Committee
- Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee
- Senate Small Business and Entrepreneurship Committee
- House Appropriations Committee
- House Budget Committee
- House Energy and Commerce Committee
- House Small Business Committee
- House Financial Services Committee
Several of today’s articles will be an update on activities in these committees since Congress reconvened for its last session of the year. We’ll keep you updated as news comes in on any of them so that you can have the guidance you need in advising your clients.